Seven Wonders of the World, only seven objects that are scattered around the world, became the property of mankind. Among them, only one survived – the Pyramid of Cheops. To view it, you need to visit the country, the cradle of humanity – Egypt. And what if in Kiev this famous pyramid can be seen, and more than that – to see the seven wonders of the world? It is possible due to the initiative of the Interregional Academy of Personnel Management. It is this university where you can see all this wonders of the world in a special place.
About the University:
Interregional Academy of Personnel Management abbreviated IAPM is one of the largest private educational institutions of Ukraine. The Date of establishment of the university is 1989. In addition to the training part, the university is also engaged in research work, which focuses on the problem of existence and business development, management and marketing in Ukraine. In total Academy trains more than 40,000 students from over 20 countries worldwide. Specialists are provided with 32 specialties. Students receive state diplomas.
But those who are interested to see the firsthand of the humanity development in the territory of Ukraine receive a special gift – you can see life of the Trypil’ska ancient culture in the modern Ukrainian state.
SEVEN WONDERS OF THE WORLD
We All heard from the school about the mysterious seven wonders. Why seven? Is our world so poor that it has only seven wonders? Moreover only one miracle has survived – the Egyptian pyramids.
In fact, the number seven is not accidental. The ancient Greeks, who are the authors of the Seven Wonders of the archaic world list, give this number a divine meaning. They called it “a god number”
The first list of Wonders of the World appeared in the fifth century BC. Its author was Herodotus. The list was slightly shorter than that known to us now, and consisted of three items:
– Aqueduct, representing a long tunnel;
– Temple of the goddess Hera;
– The dam, located in the port.
For the first time the list included exactly seven wonders of the world in the third century BC. Its authorship is attributed to Antipater of Sidon. In another version the author is Antipater of Thessalonica.
It should be noted that the list has never been canonical. Throughout its long history it has repeatedly changed.Some miracles were replaced by others.
We briefly discuss the Seven Wonders of the World, list of which is known to us today.
Main Seven Wonders of the World:
1. Cheops pyramid – constructed probably in 2470 BC. Scientists have identified the date of “birth” – 23 August. The construction took place under the supervision of architect Hemiuna. It is the only wonder of the world which has survived to this day.
2. Hanging Gardens of Babylon – created by order of King Nebuchadnezzar in honour of his beloved – Princess Amitis who was the daughter of the king of the ancient Medes. It was presumably destroyed in the II century AD as a result of strong earthquakes.
3. Statue of Zeus – founded in 466 BC. The author of the sculpture is Phidias, who worked under the supervision of Lebon.
4. The Temple of Artemis is the first temple built in the sixth century BC. In the year 356 before Christ was born, it was burned by Gyrostat. After a relatively quick recovery it was again destroyed by the Goths in the III century.
5. Halicarnassus mausoleum is burial monument to the King of Carie Mausolus. It was built in the IV century BC. The reason for the destruction of the XIII century became the strongest earthquake.
6. Colossus of Rhodes – a huge monumental statue of Helios – sun god in ancient Greece. The author is an ancient Greek sculptor Hares. The Construction was completed in 237 year before the beginning of calculus. Barely 15 years old colossus became a victim of the next earthquake.
7. Lighthouse of Alexandria is an ambitious lighthouse, built in the third century BC. An authorship is attributed to the architect of the monumental buildings Sostrat Cnidsky. In 796 AD it was almost completely destroyed by an earthquake.
On the territory of IAPM the following Wonders of the Ancient World are presented: the statue of Olympian Zeus, Pyramids, Gardens of Babylon, Temple of Artemis, the Mausoleum of King Mausolus, The Lighthouse of Alexandria and, finally, the Colossus of Rhodes.
THE TRIPOL’S CULTURE
The first mention of Tripol’s culture is dated to IV millennium BC. Archaeological culture has found its name from its place of discovery – the village of Tripol’e, near Kiev.
A Historian, a researcher of Tripol’s culture Tatyana Passek identifies three major periods of its development.
1.The Early – 6000-5000 years BC. Dwellings are semi-subterranean earthen mounds and dugouts. The main material for weapons is stone, less silicon, horns and bones of animals. There were the first ceramic kitchen utensils.
2.The middle – V millennium BC – 3200 BC. More advanced buildings, fortified ramparts. The first two-story houses appear. Stone tools become more refined. The first copper mining starts. Workshop for making stone tools and copper appear. In the kitchen ceramics painting and point inclusions of other materials are added.
3.The late – 3150-2650 years BC. The expansion of tripol tribes to the east and north of Europe. mining and metal processing are improved. Rounded cookware appears, which, however, becomes less painted. The first communal burial is a burial ground. Mention of burials by cremation became known. female sculpture from the schematic head and fused legs becomes more common.
On Visiting the park of IAPM, you can see the shapes and objects of everyday life of Tripol’s culture, see the layout of housing, as well as the bull figure on the wheels, which is a clear indication that the first wheel was created by contemporaries of Tripol’s culture.
And now go! Visit the antiquity in the capital of Ukraine.
Koblenz parking – parking system in Koblenz
Heidelberg parking – Heidelberg tourism
Интерент магазин демо-версия