Tourist, cultural Kiev
- Center of Kiev
- Darnitskiy district
- Desnyanskiy district
- Dneprovskij district
- Goloseevskiy district
- Obolonskyi district
- Pecherskiy district
- Podolski district
- Shevchenkiy district
- Solomenskyi district
Chronicles of X-XI centuries testify the existence at that time on the Dnieper River, near the mouth of Lybed, a main transportation of Kiev, a Navodnitskiy Bridge. In the XVI century it consisted of a wooden bridge thrown over the lake Telbin (at that time it was the Gulf), and two ferries.
In 1713 the Navodnitsky floating bridge was started erecting, which was broken down during the break-up. A fixed bridge 450 yards long was built from wood and owned by the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra.
In 1914, the bridge was built of wood on the pile base and was strategic. Like many other bridges it has been burned in 1920. After a year at this place a new bridge was built, which stood for 30’s and was dismantled in 1933. And in 1935 the next wooden bridge was enacted that was destroyed in September 1941.
According to the developed project in 30th the construction of major bridge made of metal with coffered supports was started. Through-girder system had small openings, which were to ensure quick replacement of items when they are damaged. The construction was not completed before the start of the war. And occupying Kiev, the Germans built on pillars of the future bridge temporary bridge von Reichenau, which appeared on the map of Kiev in 1943. During the liberation of Kiev in autumn of 1943 the bridge was blown up.
In liberated from the Germans Kiev sapper units of the Soviet army in November 1943 erected the low-water Navodnitsky Bridge, which stood until the spring of 1944. In the same year the high-water bridge was enacted. When in 1953, a Paton Bridge was built nearby; Navodnitsky high-water Bridge was dismantled as unnecessary. Being on the Paton Bridge, occasionally, at low water, above the surface a few surviving fragments of old poles can be seen.
Address: Kiev, near the Bridge Paton
The location of the bridge: over the Dnieper
Construction starting date: 1713
Opening Date: 1713
Closing Date: 1953
Length: 960 m
Width: not specified