The Bridge of Eugenia BoschThe Base of the bridge named after Bosch became the steel piers of a destroyed Nicholas Chain Bridge, but the bridge itself is designed differently and is made of other materials. It’s not a chain, as some authors write. And do not confuse with Darnitskiy Railroad Bridge. Almost at the same site Metro Bridge is built.

Even during the construction of Nicholas Chain Bridge in 1853 due to the unevenly stretched chain a middle pylon was bent. Gradually, cracks appeared in all bulls. Not only that – the Dnieper without hydro power cascade and concrete banks had a habit periodically change direction.

Taken measures because of this made the bridge curved. And in 1915 another commission found it necessary to limit the load on the bridge to 1 / 15 of the nominal. Later, in 1918, the commission headed by Comrade Paton, found again a lot of cracks, but there was no time to deal with them. Whites in 1920 blew up the first bull.

Because of falling chains the fifth pylon was strongly bent. Before the destruction only a pylon number 2 survived without incidents. Already in 1921, a rebuilding detachment blew up remains of sagging chains, which sank. The bridge was not restored – there was nothing to pull the iron out of the water, and they did not know how to do that.

To do minimum efforts, it was decided to build a new bridge of girder type on existing piers with a height of construction up to 10 m from the high water level without the stone piers. To do this, I-beams from dismantled in 1919, highway bridges were used. Thus timing of construction of the bridge was accelerated. In just 10 months after the start the bridge was opened. According to various sources it was May 10 or May, 1, 1925. It was named after Bolshevik Eugenia Bosch, who had shot herself before this.

It had existed not for along time – It was blown up during the war in 1941.

Additional Information:
Address: Kiev, near the Metro Bridge
The location of the bridge: over the Dnieper
Construction starting date: 1924
Opening Date: May 1925
Closing Date: 19 September 1941
Length: 776 m
Width: 16 m

Parking in Florence – Where to park in Florence

Genoa park – Genova tourism

Milano parking – Free parking Milan